Friday, December 11, 2009

A Look at Things to Come

It's been confirmed - Daria will be the latest face of DSquared in the Spring Summer 2010 campaign. And since news is lacking I might as well post a few of my predictions on the campaign ... we had heard that Daria was shooting the campaign in Morocco a few weeks ago, and now there is more news. 

Mert and Marcus are reprising their roles as campaign photographers after the Fall Winter 2009 campaign with Lara Stone. And if that campaign is any indication of what is to come, and the fact that the shoot took place in the colorful city of Morocco then I believe we can expect a few elements of hedonism ... 


Daria isn't the only model to star in the campaign. Brazilian Arthur Sales and American model Kyle Ledeboer, both of whom can be seen above. It was honestly impossible to find a picture of these two with a shirt! It will be interesting to see how this dynamic turns out, with these two relative newcomers and Daria, the veteran.

I have to say that I am a bit apprehensive to hear that Mert and Marcus shot the campaign. I feel as though if you see one of their editorials, then you've seen them all. Although I can appreciate their stylized take on women I always feel that their shoots are a bit lifeless ... it is odd that when they want to depict a strong women they often come off looking like cyborgs. However, if the Longchamp campaign of FW09 is any indication of what the DSquared campaign will look like, then I do have high hopes!

Spring Summer 2009: Lara Stone by Mert and Marcus

I was hoping that the campaign would have been shot by Steven Meisel, but I think this is impossible now. Meisel hasn't worked with Daria in years for what reason I am not sure ... but for your time, some campaigns shot by Meisel. The SS09 campaign with Linda and Naomi was legendary!


No comments:

Post a Comment