Saturday, December 19, 2009

Stefanel Spring Summer 2010

The Stefanel ads that we have long been awaiting have just been released. Daria replaces Gisele Bundchen as the face of the Italian brand but it seems as if with Gisele's departure a sense of the brand has been lost. 

Stefanel campaigns are known for Gisele and her obvious sexiness - after all she has been the face of the brand for the past six seasons. And try as Mario Testino might I don't think he will ever be able to capture Daria's unusual beauty with such obvious poses and settings. 

Stefanel Spring Summer 2010: Daria by Mario Testino

It is interesting to note that Daria replaces Gisele in the Stefanel campaign, just as she did for Vogue eye wear back in 2008. They seem like such different models to me so I find it random that the fashion industry considers them of the same caliber (and I say this with no offense to Gisele or Daria. I love them both but they are quite different).  However there will be more images in the campaign to look forward to so I'm not going to base my opinion on just one shot.

On another note, it seems that the Go West editorial isn't Daria's only appearance in Vogue this month. If you head over to Vogue.com, there is a Best Dressed of the Decade poll and Daria makes an appearance along with the likes of Gwyneth Paltrow and Sofia Coppola. Her Balmain LBD she wore to the Costume Institute Gala is one of the choices for 2009. Needless to say, I think you know who I voted for!

image credits: scanned by fujiko at tFS

1 comment:

  1. I do not like this at all. I wanna know where Daria is.

    ReplyDelete